1. Mathematical models and numerical simulations for collective motion and self-organization in biological systems.
2. Mathematical models for cell migration and self-organization in embryogenesis and stem cells aggregates.
3. Hybrid (discrete–continuous) models in collective dynamics for complex living system.
4. Numerical methods and discretization for partial diﬀerential equation.
Scientific publications and thesis:
 Ezio Di Costanzo, Marta Menci, Eleonora Messina, Roberto Natalini, Antonia Vecchio , A hybrid mathematical model of collective motion under alignment and chemotaxis, submitted (ArXiv: pdf)
 Ezio Di Costanzo, Abdul I. Barakat, Giuseppe Pontrelli, Effect of flow on ATP/ADP concentration at the endothelial cell surface: interplay between shear stress and mass transport, ZAMM - Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 98-8, 2018. DOI: 10.1002/zamm.201700372 (ArXiv: pdf)
 Ezio Di Costanzo, Alessandro Giacomello, Elisa Messina, Roberto Natalini, Giuseppe Pontrelli, Fabrizio Rossi,
Robert Smits, Monika Twarogowska, A discrete in continuous mathematical model of cardiac progenitor cells formation
 Ezio Di Costanzo, Vincenzo Ingangi, Claudia Angelini, Maria Francesca Carfora, Maria Vincenza Carriero,
Roberto Natalini, A Macroscopic Mathematical Model For Cell Migration Assays Using A Real-Time Cell Analysis,
 Ezio Di Costanzo, Roberto Natalini, Luigi Preziosi, A hybrid model of cell migration in zebrafish embryogenesis,
 Ezio Di Costanzo, Roberto Natalini, Luigi Preziosi, A hybrid mathematical model for self-organizing tissue migration
in the zebrafish lateral line, Journal of Mathematical Biology, 71(1):171--214, 2015.
 Ezio Di Costanzo (2014), Mathematical models of cell migration and self-organization in embryogenesis,
Tesi di Dottorato, Sapienza Università di Roma. Padis Archive, 2014.
 Ezio Di Costanzo, Addolorata Marasco, Approximate analytic solution of Dirichlet’s problems for Laplace’s equation
in planar domains by a perturbation method, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 63(1):60–67, 2012.
- Dec 2015, meeting Bioinformatica e Biologia Computazionale in Campania 2015, at CNR Avellino,
A macroscopic mathematical model for cell migration assay using a real-time technology.
- Mar 2015 at Istituto IAC of CNR, Quality control for RAW Data for in RNA-Seq.
- Nov 2014, meeting Bioinformatica e Biologia Computazionale in Campania 2014, at CNR Avellino,
A diﬀerential mathematical model for neuromast formation during the development of the lateral line
in the zebraﬁsh embryo.
- Jul 2014, at Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo “M. Picone”, CNR, Naples, A hybrid mathematical model
of collective motion under alignment and chemotaxis.
- Jul 2014, SIMAI 2014, GASVA minisymposium on Mathematical Modelling in Environmental and Life Sciences, Taormina,
A hybrid mathematical model for self-organizing cells in the zebraﬁsh lateral line primordium.
- Feb 2014, at University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Research Group IAC-CNR, A mathematical model for the zebraﬁsh
lateral line formation.
- Sep 2011, XXXVI Summer School in Mathematical Physics, GNFM-INDAM, Ravello, Taylor’s swimming sheet.